The Kindergarten is a Community operated centre, run by a Committee of parents, guardians and members of the Community. The positions are filled on a voluntary basis where members are elected at the beginning of each year during the Annual General Meeting. The Committee are then responsible to the members of the Association for the proper management and conduct of the Association. There are several roles involved in the running of the Committee and include:
- President: DayboroK.President@gmail.com
- Vice President: DayboroK.VicePresident@gmail.com
- Secretary: DayboroK.Secretary@gmail.com
- Treasurer: DayboroK.Treasurer@gmail.com
- Workplace Health & Safety: DayboroK.WHS@gmail.com
- Grants Officer: DayboroK.Grants@gmail.com
- Fundraising: DayboroK.Fundraising@gmail.com
- Fees: DayboroK.Fees@gmail.com
- Marketing/PR: DayboroK.Marketing@gmail.com
2019 Committee Executive Team:
President: Nick Brown
Vice President: Nicola Summers
Treasurer: Ingrid Kriesch
Secretary: Madi McDonald
The Gowrie acts as a Central Governing Body, for our Kindy. They provide ongoing, comprehensive support to the Kindy’s Committee and distribute State government funding directly to us.
For 75 years The Gowrie’s focus has been Queensland children and families, and the benefits quality early childhood programs bring to our community.
The Gowrie believes that childhood is a unique time of life, to be valued and enjoyed in its own right. This is the time where foundations are laid for future health, learning and wellbeing.
The Gowrie value children growing up with the understandings, skills and dispositions to be caring people and effective learners, able to contribute to their world and to enjoy rich and successful relationships with others.
For more information about The Gowrie, please see their website – http://www.gowrieqld.com.au